Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Smoothie Anyone!

When you have fresh blueberries and want to make a yummy smoothie, but no time to find a recipe do you just make one up? I did! I took the blueberries I got from Pattys Berries and Bunches in Mattituck here in  NY, fresh organic spinach, a ripe banana, frozen strawberries, chia seeds, orange juice and ice, put them in a blender and voila - a yummy smoothie! I love a DIY smoothie for so many reasons. One - healthier for you. Two- easy to make. Three - it's quick. How fast I can make something is the only reason I make it! :) Plus my very picky toddler loves them.  He has no idea that spinach, a veggie he otherwise would NOT eat, is in it.  I just add a little of the smoothie to the water already in his cup. He sucks it down!  The skin benefits are a plus too!  I'll drink anything to brighten this mug of mine. OK, maybe not anything... ;)


Here's the skinny on the measurements I used. 

about 10 leafs of spinach

1 ripe banana 

a little less than a 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries (8)

1 TBSP of chia seed 

2 cups orange juice 

1/3 cup of blueberries

1 cup of ice 





 How cute are these Spritz paper straws from Target! I scored mine in store for a dollar! So go get some pretty paper straws and have a smoothie party! 








No comments:

Leave a Message

Love to hear from you!