Monday, September 12, 2016

Fall Trends, A Ruffed Top, and a Talk about Changing Season



Zara top


"To everything (turn, turn, turn) There is a season (turn, turn, turn,) And a time to every purpose under heaven..." - The Birds

Seasons are about to turn, leaves are about to fall and it's about to get dark a lot earlier.  This last piece is my least favorite thing about fall.  Darkness at 4 PM is not my idea of fun.  Now my mother on the other hand absolutely loves it and I am trying to gain some of her perspective.  It's cozy, it means all my television shows are back in business, and that the holidays are just around the corner. Oh, and there's always fall fashion!

Some of this year's fall fashion trends are: ruffles, bell sleeves, bell bottoms, bomber jackets, shades of nudes, and turtle necks under dresses.  One might say we've time traveled back to the 70's!  I took a chance on this bell sleeve, ruffle top because mom life has me mostly shopping online, therefore trying things on has become a thing of the past, but it did not disappoint!  It works for so many outings- apple picking, pumpkin picking, date night with jeans and a cute stiletto, etc.  I decided to wear it to this dreamy sunflower field.   We also managed to stop at our favorite farm, Harbes Family Farm and Winery, to pick up some yummy white wine from their super rustic, chic, tasting room.  It was delicious!

A second to talk about change.  "Change" has never been a friend of mine, but we're learning to be acquaintances with hopes of a friendship ;) I remember listening to a song while going through the biggest change of my life - pregnancy.  "Come To Me" by Bethel loft session.  The song, at the time, was more like a simple conversation that God was trying to have with me to let me know "Hey I got you, so you got this, and you are never alone..."  Here are some lyrics to the song.  I feel listening would be best, but sometimes all you need are the words...

I am the Lord your God,
I go before you now.
I stand beside you
I'm all around you
And though you feel I'm far away
I'm closer than your breath
I am with you
More than you know......

If you want to take a second and listen, go for it!  It just might change your perspective on change.







No comments:

Leave a Message

Love to hear from you!