Monday, December 19, 2016

What to Stuff in Your Toddler's Christmas Stocking and Our Christmas Tree Tradition

My little guy loves books - big, small, picture, pop-ups, touch, smell - he doesn't discriminate! He does have a sweet spot for animals though. We have a built in book shelf in our living room and the bottom is completely filled with his books. I plan on adding to his collection with some new fresh reads this Christmas and wanted to share some of my top picks!

Top Picks 

1. "My World My Words" shop here or here

2. "Now I am Big" shop here or here

3. "Mommy! Mommy!" shop here or here

4. "Silly Little Animal All Day Long" shop here or here

5. "Are You My Mother?" (my husband remembers reading this as a kid and wanted to get it for his little guy -- hashtag heart explosion!) shop here

6. "Home" (not going to fit in his stocking, but had to get it!) shop here

7. "Gaston" (also not going to fit:) shop here


Top Toy Picks Too! 

1. "kids wooden name puzzle" shop here or here

2. "I See" stroller cards from Wee Gallery shop here

3. "wind up train" from Little Cottonwood shop here


playing with his cousin -- they share a love of rocks! 

Whether it's baking cookies, making a gingerbread house, watching our favorite Christmas movies, or going to an ugly sweater party, I love family Christmas traditions. Going to pick out and cut down our Christmas Tree is my fav!  This year was a little different because the little human we are raising loves to eat everything in site and I was so afraid of what would happen if he ate a pine needle. I of course googled "what would happen if a child ingested pine needles" and surprisingly very little info popped up! I did find one article that put my worries to rest and we went for it! Thank the good Lord he actually hasn't tried to eat it --yet!

We head to Shamrock Christmas Tree Farm in Mattituck,NY every year and they never disappoint!  I never have a crazy amount of pine needles falling and we cut it down the weekend of Thanksgiving and it lasts until Christmas and then some! On the weekends this place is hopping and I know why.  They have a cozy fire pit to gather around, a women singing christmas carols who you would think is the radio playing, yummy eats, wine, hot chocolate, a gift shop, santa, and a train ride around the farm!  So much fun! Can't wait until next year! We actually/most likely will stop by again this year ;)

My little is in Rylee & Cru Black Bear Long John and Zara cardigan with a little face on the hood and their Cable knit neck warmer with fleece.



Hope you gathered some good ideas from my picks and hurry to get that last min shopping in!
Happy Monday! 

xo, Alissa

No comments:

Leave a Message

Love to hear from you!